We’ve launched a handy online google review generator so that you can easily give your customers the opportunity to review your business. You can send this out directly through your marketing channels to encourage your customers to review you on Google. (link below)
Click here to see our new Google Review Generator
Why are reviews important?
- 88% of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendation
- 90% of consumers read online reviews before visiting a business
- Customers are likely to spend 31% more on a business with excellent reviews
- 72% say that positive reviews make them trust a brand
- 86% of people will hesitate to purchase from a business that has negative online reviews
Why do you need to encourage positive reviews?
Loss aversion theory points towards human nature’s tendency to prefer avoiding losses to acquiring equivalent gains. So if you suffer a bad experience it affects you more than a good one. This can lead to people being more inclined to leave a negative review opposed to a positive one from an emotional stand point.
To combat this sometimes you need to give your customers a little nudge to review their good experiences to capitalise on any positive ones.
Do Google reviews help with appearing higher in Google?
Yes they are definitely a factor. In Moz's Local search rankings factors study they feature as one of the more prominent correlations with featuring in the local pack.
We would add to this that with the increased focus on providing users with the most relevant results and rewarding websites that gain significant clicks for search terms - that reviews can have a massive impact here. In the image above which website would you click on?
Once again here is our new tool.